K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Coffee consumption continues to increase in Korea


(Coffee market continuing to increase)

-

Article: Coffee dominates Korea and becomes more Korean

Source: Chosun Ilbo via Nate

1. [+544, -19] For salarymen, coffee is equal to IV. It's bitter that overworking was one of the reasons why Korea became a coffee-obsessed country.

2. [+429, -33] How can a cup of Americano cost more than $4?

3. [+24, -0] There should be a difference between prices for in-store drinks and to-go drinks.

4. [+23, -3] I feel empty if I don't drink at least one cup of coffee a day. Some people say they can't sleep if they drink coffee but I fall asleep as soon as I lie down.

5. [+22, -4] I find it weird that any 'iced' drink is $0.50 more expensive.

6. [+19, -2] Overworking and exhaustion must've contributed a lot to the consumption of coffee.

7. [+17, -1] If a customer brings their own tumbler, I think $1.50 is an ideal price for Americano.

8. [+14, -0] It's not like I drink coffee because I like it... I drank it when I was in school because I was sleepy... I drink it at my work because I'm tired... I have to drink it to not fall asleep. I want to rest.

Back To Top